Thursday, October 6, 2011

Sabbathday Lake Shaker Village

Carolyn and I stopped at the Sabbathday Lake Shaker Village on our way home from Maine. I think I have been to every Shaker Village now, and I have wanted to visit this one and attend a Sunday worship service. (It is the only Shaker village with an active community of Shakers present.) We arrived at the village too late to attend service, and the buildings open to the public were closed on Sunday. But we did get to walk through a small part of the pretty village, and enjoyed a conversation with a member of the Friends of Shakers there for a Friends' Weekend.

Maybe I'll get back there another year for a Friends event or Sunday worship service.








Carolyn, a fiber artist, was very interested in the sheep, and she took these pictures.


No comments:

Post a Comment